CSCU is a fee-for-service unit available to the entire Cornell community. The initial consulting meeting with a client is provided at no cost. All subsequent and follow-up visits will require financial support. This financial support can be provided either through a unit base funding model or through a user fee model.
Under the unit base funding model, a college, department, center or unit contributes to the base funding to support the operations of CSCU. The funding provided by the unit can cover some or all the cost of consulting services provided to faculty, student researchers and staff in that unit, depending on the amount of funding the unit provides.
Currently, under the unit base funding model, free consulting is offered to faculty, student researchers, and staff in the following departments and colleges.
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (Every Department)
The College of Human Ecology (Every Department)
The College of Industrial Labor Relations (Every Department)
The College of Veterinary Medicine (Every Department)
The Johnson Graduate School of Management
The Paleontological Research Institute
Architecture Art Planning
- City and Regional Planning
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied and Engineering Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Bimolecular Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (Geology)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Operations Research and Information Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
Faculty, student researchers, and staff from non-participating colleges or units across Cornell University can receive a one time half hour free consultation. Researchers from these units can obtain additional assistance, in any one of the following ways:
- Referral--the researcher can enter into a collaborative agreement with CSCU (DSS) faculty.
- Purchasing additional hours of consulting from CSCU at the hourly rate listed below.
- By having their unit make further arrangements with CSCU to provide their researchers with extended access to statistical consultants. To make such arrangements, please contact Francoise Vermeylen at email@example.com.
People outside of Cornell University can obtain statistical consulting services from CSCU according to the hourly rate listed below.
CSCU Hourly Consulting Rates
- $115 Staff Statistician
- $175 Faculty Statistician
The fees for the CSCU services cover, in addition to time spent in actual consulting meetings with the clients, research time done by the consultant, and time spent e-mailing or phone consulting with the clients. Cornell University students and staff can purchase additional consulting time only in agreement with faculty advisors.
CSCU Contract Services Rates
More extensive consulting or contract work rates are discussed on an individual basis.
How to Pay?
- Pay by the hour: CSCU Consulting fees will be charged to an individual Cornell account or can be paid by check made out to Cornell University.
- Contract work and more extensive consulting will be billed.